BackerKit Survey Update, Delivery Details, FAQ
over 1 year ago
– Sat, Oct 05, 2019 at 03:24:55 AM
Hello Lost Adventurers!
I just wanted to take a moment to give you all a brief update and answer some frequently asked questions we've gotten to keep you all in the loop:
So far 84% of backers have completed their BackerKit survey, which means 553 backers haven't completed their survey yet. We have already sent out additional reminder emails, so if you did not receive an email from BackerKit - please check your spam in your email address associated with your Kickstarter account. If you still haven't received an email from them, please reach out to customer service HERE.
This is how you will be receiving your files - so please make sure you at least login and confirm your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: My order is locked but I want to change something. What do I do? Reach out to BackerKit customer support and they can help unlock and modify your order.
Q2: When will I be receiving the core files? File delivery of the core files is scheduled for Friday, October 18th.
Q3: Why will it take so long to deliver the files? Even though the files have been tested and vetted for awhile, there's a lot that was new and I wanted time to test and confirm that the delivery process was as smooth as possible. This is in an effort to learn from our last Kickstarter, and we want to minimize download errors and issues like some folks had during Lost Dragons. This is ultimately why we decided to deliver in October instead of September, and we just want to make sure the download funnel and backer experience is as good as possible once the "big core file" dump happens on the 18th.
Q4: How will I be receiving the core files? Core files will be delivered via Dropbox. You will need access to BackerKit to access Dropbox, as well as password codes included in your BackerKit account.
Q5: When will I be receiving the stretch goal files? Stretch goal files will be released monthly in batches. Any completed and tested boss models will also be included.
Q6: When will early play testing of the encounters begin? Early play testing of the encounters is scheduled to begin in early November. Play testers will receive more information within the next few weeks.
Q7: When will we get updates on some of the bosses? We'll have model updates next update within the next 2 weeks before delivery :) Stay tuned!
Do you have another question I missed or another question/comment? You can reach me here: email@example.com.
Thank you everyone - and I hope you all have a great weekend!
Late Pledges Now Open!
over 1 year ago
– Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 02:27:25 AM
Greetings Lost Adventurers!
Just wanted to share a quick update on BackerKit as it's Monday evening (or morning for some of you :D).
BackerKit is reviewing a few final details before giving us the OK to send out the smoke test (the first few trial surveys). This takes 2 days, so some of you should begin receiving your initial late pledges within the next few days provided everything is OK. Once again - this doesn't affect the October delivery date for the core STL files.
For those waiting for the Lost Dragons file late pledges: We're setting up BackerKit so you get access to the files immediately after completing your survey. Thanks for your patience in this!
Late Pledges Now Open!
If you want to check out the add-ons ahead of time, or have a friend who wanted to late pledge, you can check out the late pledge store HERE:
FAQ: Can I upgrade my pledge?
This is the most common question I've gotten (beside if late pledges are available), so I wanted to address it.
When you open your survey, you can click this icon to upgrade your pledge level if you wish to get the upgrade at the "backer" price. It's that simple :)
If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know. Email is the best way to reach me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you again for your support, time, and patience everyone!
Big hug everyone,
Danny & The Lost Adventures Team
Poll Results + BackerKit Update
over 1 year ago
– Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 12:49:47 AM
This post is for backers only. Please visit Kickstarter.com and log in to read.
Backer-Nominated Boss Nomination Results + Pledge Manager/Add-On Updates
over 1 year ago
– Mon, Sep 09, 2019 at 02:25:52 AM
Greetings Lost Adventurers!
We've closed out the surprise backer-nominated boss thread (just stopped considering nominations), have tallied them up, and are excited to share the top 5 bosses that will be voted on. Before that though, some stats for the sake of transparency and the curious:
- If a boss nomination was extremely similar, we consolidated it in the votes. This didn't happen enough to affect final tallies however.
- 108 Bosses Were Nominated
- 45 Bosses Received At Least +1 Additional Vote
- 10 Bosses Received At Least +5 Additional Votes
The Top 5 Boss Nominations
Without further ado here are our winners...
- 1. Graveyard Golem (submitted by P.A.W.) - 25 Additional Votes
- 2. Lolth-Inspired Spider Boss (submitted by Joe Graham) - 20 Additional Votes
- 3. Phoenix (submitted by Andrei) - 14 Additional Votes
- 4. Giant Steampunk Robot/Golem (submitted by RetroZone_Neon) - 12 Additional Votes
- 5. Mab-Inspired Fairy Queen (submitted by Georgi Georgiev) - 12 Additional Votes
For those curious, #6 was the Giant Spider Boss suggested by Greg Kourakos with 10 Additional Votes. The next vote below was 6 additional votes and below, so 10-12 was about the "top range" where majority started happening.
Surprise Backer-Voted Boss Poll Now Open!
Just like with the first 8 stretch goal polls, "All-In" backers will receive a message with a link to the poll with no backer update this time (since there are no more backers allowed via Kickstarter). Expect that message shortly! Once again a reminder: Only ONE boss will be selected!
I wish I had concept art for each of these, but I don't. You all have seen the kind of art style we've made for this Kickstarter and we're gonna give whichever boss wins the same kind of love we gave all of the previous models.
Full Disclosure: There are two really great models for the above that can be found right now. We'd make our own version of these regardless (for example even if the Lolth-inspired boss wins), but I would feel terrible NOT sharing this before voting happened.
Here's where you can find them:
- Lolth-Inspired Spider Queen: Skyless Realms Kickstarter (late pledges open HERE)
- Phoenix: Bestiary Kickstarter (available HERE)
I don't share this to discourage - as we've made a lot of models that have already been made in other Kickstarters, but again - I'm a community man first and foremost, and wanted to share prior to voting. I don't get any kickback or anything either - just trying to be honest and transparent with you all.
Pledge Manager + Add-On Updates
The Pledge Manager will be finished this week, right in time for funds to be transferred (if all goes according to Kickstarters timeline). We're gonna have a few add-ons included in there as well for those of you who are interested in a few extra nice-to-haves! :)
For those who are wondering about the general timeline with the Pledge Manager, here is how it will work:
- Pledge Manager is finalized and surveys are sent out (by the end of this week)
- Any add-ons can be added on to your pledge in the Pledge Manager (this includes Lost Dragons if you added the $60 to your pledge via the Kickstarter)
- Kickstarter Funds Transferred to Backerkit (within 1-2 weeks)
- Lost Dragons Late Pledge Downloads will be released immediately via Backerkit & Dropbox once funds are transferred via Backerkit (Dropbox for Kickstarter Add-Ons only at the moment)
- Once the core model package is ready for delivery, the sets will also be released no later than October via Backerkit & Dropbox.
- Subsequent Stretch Goal models will be released as they are finalized as well.
- We plan on organizing encounter testing in late October after all models have been delivered. Updates will come through Kickstarter as well.
Conclusion / Questions
If you have any questions, please let us know or email me here: email@example.com. If you still haven't gotten an email response or message from me, I'm working through a few late emails/messages here on Kickstarter - but you should have an answer within the next day or two if you haven't gotten one already!
Thank you for your patience and support everyone, looking forward to the boss results!
WE DID IT! The Campaign Is Over, But Our Journey Is Just Beginning...
over 1 year ago
– Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 01:26:36 AM
Ladies & Gentleman, we did it...$187,727! YOU did it! We are so overwhelmed with the support, feedback, and overall excitement for The Lost Adventures. We never imagined we'd have this turnout, but we're grateful to you, and to every single one of the 3,596 backers who made this project come to life. We promise to make you proud :)
We are really looking forward to the coming weeks when you'll be getting the first batch of these models to start printing away and having fun, and testers will start getting access to the encounters to run them, but first let's talk about what comes next...
Below is what is to come over the next few months:
- Kickstarter will collect your payment and pledges over a period of 2-3 weeks. It usually takes about 3 weeks to finalize everything. To be clear: We don't see any penny of the funds until Kickstarter has processed it all. If you have a declined credit card or something along those lines, Kickstarter will notify you so that you can fix it and get your rewards on time. If you don't fix it within that time, you will lose your backer status.
- BackerKit Pledge Manager will open up and surveys will go out. You'll get a survey from BackerKit asking you a few questions that we need to process your pledge and make sure you get everything based on how much you pledged (like the Lost Dragons add-on if you got it).
- Core Mini/Models will go out to all Core Minis/Terrain and All-In backers no later than October.
- We're targeting a release of the full adventure, maps, and props in February, so "ALL-IN + Adventure Supporter" level backers will be hearing from us shortly about encounter testing. If there is any delay, we will be 100% transparent and share as soon as we know of it.
- Stretch Goal Minis, Terrain Sets, and Encounters/Maps/Props will go out as they are completed and also be delivered by BackerKit and Dropbox.
Other than that, we've got a long road still ahead of us - but a VERY bright one! We'll be catching our breath over the next few days as we rest from the campaign, but we'll be right back to it after the holiday weekend.
Thank you again for being the best backers ever. Looking forward to counting up the tally's and bringing you one final vote for a monster boss of your nomination and choosing! :)
Big hug from me and the rest of the team,
P.S. To those who missed the live stream but were interested in watching it: We'll be putting it up over the next few days on some form of social media so you can watch. Expect an update on that when we have something for you! :)